The Syntropy Staking Dashboard was launched alongside Validator and Nominator smart contracts, giving users the ability to connect their wallets via the Metamask plugin. Metamask supports hardware wallets, such as Ledger or Trezor, and importing other accounts by using private keys. By connecting your wallet via Metamask directly to the Staking Dashboard, you can deposit and withdraw your tokens to and from the smart contract directly via the website, view your accumulated rewards and Validator position, as well as monitor your historical activity.
DO NOT SEND YOUR TOKENS DIRECTLY TO SMART CONTRACT ADDRESSES
Doing so will lead to losing your assets irreversibly. A two-step procedure must be done to deposit the tokens: approval on NOIA token contract and deposit on Validator or Nominator contract. Use the Syntropy Staking dashboard to perform any staking actions.
There's a list of steps needed to be made to stake successfully using the Syntropy Staking dashboard. Following these steps below in the correct sequence will maximize your chances to avoid any error during the whole process.
- Download MetaMask or a wallet that is compatible with MetaMask. Don't use custodial wallet addresses that are common on exchanges. In other words, you must be able to access the private key of the wallet address you use. It is recommended that you use Ledger or Trezor with a MetaMask extension in order to maximize the security of your assets.
- If you want to become a Validator, start by choosing Validator Staking at the top of the dashboard.
- If you want to become a Nominator, start by choosing Nominator Staking at the top of the dashboard.
- First, you need to download the Metamask browser extension and create an account if you don't have one. We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Brave browsers for the whole process. Mobile is currently not supported.
- If you have used a hardware wallet, make sure to connect it via the Metamask extension. All you need to do is plug in your hardware wallet device and select the Ethereum app on it. If you are having issues in this step, click here.
Important notice for Ledger users!
There are a few things to keep in mind before NOIA token contract approval on Ledger devices:
- Make sure to download the latest Ledger Live instance and make sure Ledger firmware (actual physical hardware device) is up to date.
- Turn ON 'Ledger Live' under Metamask Settings in the Advanced section.
- Launch Ledger Live app, plugin and unlock your Ledger device, and select Ethereum app.
- Go to the Ethereum app Settings section on the Ledger device and 'allow' the following: contract data, nonce, debug.
- Make sure to select that wallet in the Metamask extension (Step 1).
- Once done, click Connect Your Wallet (Step 2).
- Connect to Metamask (Step 3) on the Syntropy Staking dashboard.
- For safety reasons, a two-step procedure is needed to stake via Validator or Nominator smart contracts:
a) Step one is verifying the contract itself on your hardware or Metamask wallet. Click the button 'Approve'.
b) Step two deposits your stake to the contract using a special function. Enter the amount and click the button 'Stake'.
For each transaction, you will have to pay gas fees in ETH.
ETH gas fees
Make sure you have at least 0.02 ETH in the wallet that is staking the tokens. It is likely, you will use less, but it can be more as well, if you are submitting transactions during peek activity periods. You can track gas prices here.
When interacting with UI, there will be two prompt messages on the Metamask extension as per the picture below.
Confirm transactions in Metamask as well as on your hardware wallet if you are using one.
You should be able to stake your NOIA tokens with Syntropy Staking dashboard by now. If you have any further issues, don't worry, as we have fantastic community managers and tech-savvy community members who will help you. Solve your problems by joining our Syntropy Telegram group, or Syntropy Discord server.
A FEW MORE DEBUG OPTIONS TO TRY
- Restart your computer
- Make sure you have enough ETH to pay gas fees
- Try a different browser
Updated 7 months ago